The federal government is divided into three branches by the Constitution of the United States to form a central government where no individual or group can get too much power:
- Legislative –Responsible for law’s enactment.
- Executive – Carries out laws.
- Judicial – Evaluates laws.
Each branch can change acts of the other branches as follows:
- The president can veto laws passed by Congress.
- Congress can confirm or reject the president’s appointments and even can fire the president in exceptional circumstances.
- The Justices of the Supreme Court can overturn unconstitutional laws but they are appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate.
This article is aimed to show how to make the US government org chart. In this example, we use Org Chart Creator, a professional software for org charting drawing. This interface of this software is as similar as that of Microsoft Office. So don’t worry about the manipulation. You can handle it easily as long as you can use office software. To make this org chart you need to:
- Open relevant libraries.
Org Chart Creator provides you with plenty of shapes needed to make a variety of org chart. Click the triangle icon beneath Libraries to open as much shapes as you like.
- Add boxes or charts to your drawing page.
Drag shapes from libraries on the left toolbar, and then drop them onto the canvas. And add text to the chart.
- Layout of org chart.
As for the layout of org chart, you can drag elements by hand or arrange them automatically by clicking Auto-layout.
- Export it to other formats.
As shown in the picture above, you are alowed to export drawing to many other formats like JPG, PDF, PS, EPS, Office, Html, SVG and Visio. What’s more, Org Chart Creator is cloud-collaborative and you can save your drawing as Personal Cloud or Team Cloud.
Organogram is used to show the relationship within groups such as business, family and association. When the organogram you are going to draw is not too complex and not high profession-required, PowerPoint 2007 can be a good choice for you. Since organogram is just a regular object in the PowerPoint, you can manipulate it in the same way as you do with other objects.
- Open your PowerPoint file and get to where you want to add an organogram.
- Create a new slide: from the Home tab, get to the Slides group and click the on NEW SLIDE , select Title and Content. Here comes a new slide. Fill in the title text-box on this new slide.
- In the content text-box, click INSERT SMARTART GRAPHIC .
- From the Categories list, choose Hierarchy.
- From the Gallery, select Organization Chart .
- Click OK.
- Now you can edit this Organogram to your liking.