If you explore the project management without prior experiences or doesn’t have enough time to check out all the points in this field, then you should firstly focus on the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). You may be wondering “What does the WBS mean?” or “What are the key relationship between the traditional org chart and the work breakdown structure?” In today’s article, we will find out all the answers to these questions.
What is a Work Breakdown Structure?
Generally, the work breakdown structure is a foundational tool that helps managers to plan, organize, monitor and evaluate large projects. It usually starts with a big objective during the early stages of a project cycle, and then be broken down into smaller parts.
A sample WBS looks like the one below. You can clearly see the budget, progress, and name for each task:
- Org Chart Made by the Free Download Professional Org Chart Creator
- More Creative Org Chart Creator to Manage Your Business Teams
Lucidchart is a good online diagramming tool for users to draw different types of charts including organizational charts. However, is it the only choice that you can pick? Are there any other better alternatives for creating human resources org charts? Let’s find out right now.
Lucidchart vs. Edraw OrgCharting – Add Shapes
- Both Lucidchart and Edraw OrgCharting have a clear user interface and are convenient for users to add employee shapes. For example, in Edraw OrgCharting as shown below, you can quickly insert managers, colleagues, subordinates or assistants.
- Both of these two tools allow users to insert supportive materials such as images, comments, notes or hyperlinks etc.
- In Lucidchart, you can’t one-click to select all shapes at the same level; However, in Edraw OrgCharting, you can one-click to select all managers or all assistants in an organizational chart;