CMS Org Chart: What Is It About?
A CMS org chart refers to the organizational diagram for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services in the USA. It is one of the departments of Health and Human Services (HHS). CMS works as a partner with a number of programs covering Medicare, Medicaid, and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) etc. Other main duties of CMS including setting standards for the Health Insurance Portability, monitoring long-term standards through the certification process and some other related tasks.
CMS Org Chart: General Layout You Should Know
The overall structure of a CMS org chart is the hierarchical type. It is different from the flat (horizontal) or matrix forms since the ADMINISTRATOR is right at the very top of the whole organization. You can see a series of offices in a CMS org chart such as the OFFICE OF LEGISLATION, the OFFICE OF PROGRAM INTEGRITY, the OFFICE OF MEDICARE AND INNOVATION and so on.
CMS Org Chart: Key Divisions
Normally, a CMS org chart has the following key departments:
Office of Minority Health
- Serves for the special needs of minority and disadvantaged groups.
- Offers leadership to achieve HHS and CMS goals.
- Improves an Agency-wide data network for minority health issues.
Center for Clinical Standards and Quality
- Serves for all quality, clinical, medical science issues and policies.
- Offers leadership for the development and implementation of the organization.
- Monitors and develops best practices in quality programs.
- Analyses and supports performance measurement systems for the organization.
Center for Medicare
- Serves for the formulation, integration, and evaluation of national Medicare projects policies.
- Monitors any modifications to Medicare projects and rules in response to changes in the national healthcare sector.
- Serves for management, finance and performance issues relating to Medicare fields.
Office of the Administrator
- Directs the planning, coordination, and implementation of the programs according to national laws and regulations.
- Oversees the establishment of program goals and standards and evaluates CMS programs.
- Works with the States and other Federal agencies for health care financing programs.
Chief Operating Officer
- Facilitating the coordination and integration of CMS policies and activities.
- Promotes communication and facilitation of cooperative corporate decision-making issues.
- Tracks and monitors CMS performance to make sure key progress is successfully achieved.
How Could I Draw A CMS Org Chart?
Just see the simple guide here: Org Chart Software Features.